Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: New server

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    New server

    We are now completly moved over and DNS seems to be properly propigating. Speed increase is dramatic and to think we have not even had a chance to tweak the server or site yet. So things will only get better in the future.

    Next on the list is the censor option.
    Please do not PM or e-mail me for support.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Help Desk

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New server

    ServerDown

    Meanwhile...

    SystemDown1979


    The censor ate my "Donate" button...


    Please do not PM or email me for support either.
    The fastest way to get support is through our Confidence Desk.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: New server

    Yes, the new format DID eat the "Donate" button - I'm trying to find the code for it and then figure out how to install it.

    "I know engineers - they love to change things!" - Dr. Leonard McCoy, USS Enterprise, commenting on how technoids can't leave well enough alone...
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: New server

    How can direct links to other websites be placed in a post?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: New server

    Use the advanced editor, and the "Insert link" button (the blue globe/chain icon right below the smiley).

    The "Insert Image" button (4 spots right of the "link") lets you add pics from the web (just use the image URL, not the webpage it's on) or upload ones from your computer. No more remote hosting required!
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Question Re: New server

    How do I get a Blue Globe?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.